Your data is only valuable if it helps people make important decisions and take action. Data stories that are well told are drivers of positive changes within the present-day organization. However, how can we identify the most vital insights into the data of our business and communicate the same in a convincing way? How can we link the data which we have to the major underlying business matter?
This course will take the participants from the basics (the things we are going to measure and the reasons for doing so) through to the components of good visualization design (features of a good chart) through to efficiency in data storytelling.
- Importance of visual in delivering effective presentation
- Understand the context of presenting data
- Type of data presentation
- The Data Visualization & Storytelling Framework
- Contextualize the importance
- Find stories in data
- Plan and structure the story arc
- Express with visual
- Choose charts everyone understands
- Visualize charts in an effective way
- Formatting (Keep it clean, simple & readable)
- Emphasizing (Focus audience attention & get to the point)
- Interesting (Think outside the chart using infographics)
- Applied Walkthrough
Real Case Application
Impactful Presentation and Storytelling
This 2-in-1 crash course will help you power up on your Powerpoint presentation skills, covering two main topics which are firstly, presentation essentials and slide conceptualisation and secondly, strategic analysis and storylining for presentation.